- 20 minutes to get started?A tool was launched 1 September 2022 to help those companies and organizations that have no yet started their sustainability… Read More »20 minutes to get started?
- SDG Summit IndonesiaISO 26000 will be one of the topics at the Indonesian SDGs Corporate Summit 6-7 September 2022. The summit is… Read More »SDG Summit Indonesia
- ISO 26000 SGN meeting July 2022Today the ISO 26000 Stakeholder Global Network met and discussed ongoing work related to ISO 26000 from around the world.… Read More »ISO 26000 SGN meeting July 2022
ISO 26000 Guidance on Social Responsbility
The international standard was developed by 450+ experts from 99 countries and 50+ international organisations during 5 years. ln 2010, after close to 25 000 written comments from the experts had been resolved, the standard was published in consensus, 93 % in favor. The standard offers more than 400 recommendations to any company or organization that wants to improve its contribution to sustainable environmental, social, and economic development.
ISO 26000 relates to other initiatives
ISO 26000 relates well to other major SR/CSR/Sustainability initiatives and there are detailed linkage documents available, for example:
- ISO 26000/UN Global Compact
- ISO 26000/Global Reporting Initiative G4
- ISO26000/OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- ISO 26000/Integrated reporting framework
- ISO 26000/UN Sustainable Development Goals (summary ISO brochure)
- ISO 26000/UN Sustainable Development Goals (in detail)
How is the standard ISO 26000 being used?
More than 80 countries have adopted ISO 26000 as a national standard and made it available to the national market. 20 more countries are in progress. What are some of the supporting initiatives? How does it relate to other standards? ISO26000.info tries to answer some of these questions.
ISO26000.info website is free to use without any restrictions. It is, however, up to the reader to verify the information before making references. All readers are invited to contribute with information and suggested improvements.