From email sent to ISO 26000 Post Publication Organization advisory groups SAG and NIN
ISO 26000 related highlights
- As agreed in the PPO work plan, a Spanish translation of the basic training material has been developed. Thank you Karla Guerrero and Adriana Rosenfeld. Draft attached and if you have (SAG and NIN) have any final comments please let us know before end of next week.
- The OECD/26000 Linkage document is with ISO for final editing and then to be published as a PPO document. Again, thank you Hans Kröder for hard work on this. Next step is to level up this document to a ISO/OECD joint publication.
- The document presenting detailed linkages between ISO 26000 and the SDG goals and targets have been finalized and is currently with ISO for final editing, then to be published as a PPO document. Thank you Adriana R and Cristina Lopez (and me, for the introduction text…)
- Next document we have discussed is a linkage document between ISO 26000 and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. Dante Pesce will support us but PPO needs a volunteer to coordinate the technical work.
- The systematic review of ISO 26000 was launched by ISO January 15 and will close June 5th. We hope you /your national mirror committee have seen it. Jorge Cajazeira is managing systematic review issues in the PPO.
- The ISO 26000 PPO survey 2016 closed and Eduardo Sao Thiago is compiling the results. Preliminary indications: Angola, Iceland, Canada, Montenegro, Russia, Rwanda, India (tbc), have now adopted ISO 26000, i.e. more than 80+ countries. I try to keep track of these at http://iso26000.info/countries . BTW: so far 30 copies of ISO 26000 for free have been requested and delivered to individuals in companies/organizations with lack of funds through this website.
- IWA 26 on how to use ISO 26000 in the ISO high level structure for management systems is moving along. Sweden and Tanzania are twinning and approximately 50 expertts have signed up. First draft to be sent out early next week and then the first workshop will be in Stockholm 9-10 March. Join us! More info: http://www.sis.se/IWA-on-ISO-26000
- Global Child Forum recently found that ISO 26000 was the second most known CSR/SR tool among the companies in Asia.
- ISO (DIS2) 20400 Sustainable Procurement – Guidance: likely there will no FDIS and the final editorial comments can be treated soon. France/Brazil has done a great job finalizing this complex standard and I am looking forward to the launch within a few months.
- ISO 37001 Anti-bribery management systems has been published and is now managed as part of TC309 Governance of Organizations which has the scope “Standardization in the field of governance relating to aspects of direction, control and accountability of organizations”
- ISO (DIS) 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System is to be published in December this year.
- Guide 82 Addressing sustainability in standards is based on ISO 26000 and from what I hear more and more stakeholders/standardizers are using it with ISO, which is great news.
- Almost 15,000 members in the ISO 26000 LinkedIn group now.
- Tina Bohlin (email@example.com) has taken over after Ludvig Hubendick as Secretary of ISO 26000 PPO. I have had meetings with her and I am convinced she will be a great PPO catalyzer. Ludvig will leave SIS and start working for the Green Part in Sweden by the end of this month. Perhaps you can drop him an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before he leaves ? Personally I have emailed him a BIG thank you for all of his hard work and initiatives. He was key for the initiation of IWA 26 and the Stockholm conference. All throughout a great project leader with a personal passion for sustainability.